The search is on for local sporting heroes and heroines as nominations are now open for the Hertfordshire Service to Sport Awards.
Held in November each year, the awards ceremony celebrates the vital contribution of volunteers in community sport and physical activity. The event represents an opportunity to nominate those individuals who go the extra mile, often behind the scenes, to keep grassroots sport and physical activity alive across the county. It could be a selfless volunteer who gives up their time to coach youngsters, who always shows up to drive the minibus, or someone you believe to be an unsung hero.
There are 10 categories that the public can nominate into including:
- Male and Female Community Coach of the Year
- Disability Coach of the Year
- Contribution to Disability Sport
- Community Project of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- University of Hertfordshire Sports Volunteer of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- David Wray Service to Sport
- ‘This Girl Can in Herts’ Award
The awards ceremony takes place at the University of Hertfordshire Weston Auditorium on Tuesday 27th November. Nominations are open to the public until Sunday September 30th so get your nominations in quickly before time runs out! You can nominate online at www.sportinherts.org – if you would like some more information about the awards, please contact Matt Hughes-Short from the Herts Sports Partnership on 01707 281204.